One of the questions I have had asked several times about the Thermomix TM6 is whether you HAVE to use the guided cooking and Cookidoo. The answer is NO you don’t HAVE to! You can operate the TM6 manually in the same way as the TM31 and the TM5 by selecting the desired Time/Temperature/Speed. There are times however that you can combine a guided cooking recipe with one of your own recipes. There are a lot of “basic” recipes such as sauteed onions, capsicums, browning meats that can be incorporated into your recipes steps. I did this today making a “Mustard Bean Salad with Baby Bocconcini” for lunch. Using the sauteed capsicum guided recipe, repeated 3 times, I was able to prepare a fresh salad with minimal effort.
Mustard Bean Salad with Baby Bocconcini
- Thermomix TM6
- 20 g olive oil
- 300 g green beans trimmed and halved
- 150 g capsicum sliced
- 100 g carrots thinly sliced
- 100 g zucchini thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 40 g lemon juice
- 400 g cannellini beans - tinned drained and rinsed
- 200 g baby (cherry) bocconcini drained and halved
- 1/2 bunch basil leaves only
- Select Sauteed Capsicum recipe on Cookidoo (https://cookidoo.com.au/recipes/recipe/en-AU/r504705).
- Add 20g of oil as per guided cooking
- Add capsicum and approximately 50 to 75g of beans
- Saute as per guided cooking
- Remove capsicums and beans from TM jug into a large bowl.
- Add remaining beans and repeat the high heat step (no more oil is required)
- Remove beans from TM jug and add to large bowl.
- Add carrots and zucchini and repeat the high heat step (no more oil is required)
- Remove carrots and zucchini from TM jug and add to large bowl
- Add cannellini beans, bocconcini and basil to large bowl
- Place mustard, dried parsley and lemon juice in a small container and shake well to combine
- Drizzle over contents of large bowl and mix to combine